Sunday, August 6, 2017

August 5th, 2017

Today was interesting. I faced quite a few obstacles and I managed my way around them all successfully, in my opinion. Today I slept for the first part of the day and then got up pretty early just to not do much of anything until I finally did get up and go to the gym. I was at the gym for a good long while, and I would have stayed a little longer (maybe) if I didn't feel the instep of my feet killing me as I was also getting tired. (4 hours of sleep was starting to weigh in on me).


I kept up on all my steps today, I even went a good portion past my 10k steps. Once I get a hang of getting my 10k steps and my feet don't keep reminding me they are still indeed flat, I will up it to 15k as my goal and continue to up my step goal as well as my other Fitbit goals. I also got a new Fitbit band because my original black one was... well let's face it, it was a piece of shit. The one side wouldn't stay connected to my Fitbit when I lightly bumped it against something, and in my line of work it was falling off a lot. I got a nice blue flashy one. Hopefully it keeps me motivated enough to KEEP IT ON! Ha




I stayed with my Apple Cider Vinegar, which I almost did forget to do. It was after the gym and I was typing up a blog and I remembered I hadn't done my ACV, so I rushed to make it up and then drank it while doing the blog. I also did day 2 of the FitAffinity supplements, haven't yet noticed a difference but then again it is only day 2.




MyFitnessPal counted me in at near 700 calories for the day, which I think it might be a little closer to 1,000 than 800 because I wasn't going 100% completely accurate measuring. I definitely wasn't much over 1,000 if I was over it at all though. Of course the app does warn me that as a woman I should be getting 1,000-1,200 calories a day at least. And I'll be honest, there are a lot of days I don't feel like I even need that much, but I do understand why it is the recommended amount.






So it was a rest day for the 30 Day Fitness Challenge. And while it was a rest day I started to think of maybe starting a few more of the easy plans for like legs and arms, or butts and abs, or something while on rest days. That way I still feel like I'm getting something done at home workout wise.



I was surprised for a Saturday afternoon the gym was EMPTY. Usually the gym is pretty packed, but it was a nice day out so that may have been one factor and it was late afternoon on a Saturday (getting ready to party). I was happy that it was empty thought because it meant that I had a better chance of getting on the machines that I wanted to. I did some leg weight training, mostly my thighs and glutes, which I'm not 100% sure why I felt the need to then get on a treadmill and put the incline to 8 and briskly walk on it at a speed of 3 for 5 minutes at a time (did it 2 times). I didn't get my peak heartrate on the elliptical, so I guess I figured I would get it on the treadmill!







Anyway, I was up to 40lbs when I was doing glutes. And 80lbs for both my Hip Adductors and Hip Abductors.




I can't count how many times I have read about making sure you intake enough water. It's a huge helper when trying to lose weight, and makes sure to keep one hydrated which helps improve so many of the body's functions. I know that my Fitbit and MyFitnessPal both track how much water you drink in a day, although you have to manually put in how many cups you drink. I'm sure there are a ton of other apps that do it as well. I'm sticking with using my Fitbit to track it. Every time I finish a cup, I log that into my Fitbit. From here on out, I want to make sure I am drinking at least 8 cups of water a day to help fuel my body in my weight loss journey.



So after this long day of not getting much sleep and going to the gym for a few hours I came home and honestly I kinda wanted to have a drink. Not because I was pissy about something or in pain or anything of that nature, but usually on my day off I have a drink or few. And I don't always do it, but I like to, especially when my family is and that's who I'm hanging out with. Makes us blend in together (? ha). Anyway, one of the biggest factors that prevented me from drinking was not the fact that drinking is TERRIBLE for weight loss, but because when I drink I tend to eat and I don't eat healthy things. Nope. I eat things you shouldn't be when trying to lose weight. Also, I was starting to feel a little on the tired side, which is never any good when drinking either. So I did manage to pass it by and I preoccupied myself with other things before bed time.



No comments:

Post a Comment