Thursday, August 10, 2017

August 6th, 2017

How to explain today. Hmmm. Well my legs burned, like hard to drive kinda burned. Which I guess means I had a good workout, right?



Today was day 3 doing the ACV and FitAffinity. It's going pretty well so far, just gotta remember to keep doing it. They say it takes 30 days to make or break a habit, hopefully it won't take me that long to make this a habit. 



I've also been keeping up with putting my meals in MyFitnessPal. Today was hard. I went a tiny bit over board with the eating. Originally I wouldn't have, but then my dad decided to make hamburgers and tatertots, which of course I ate. I did pretty good though for eating those things. I didn't put bread with my hamburger and I only had a small handful of tatertots. 




My one New Years Resolution this year was to get my ass back into shape. And when I say ass, I literally mean my butt not my whole body (although that would be great too). So today I started another 30 day exercise from my app 30 Day Fitness Challenge. can you guess which one I started? Yep, the butt one. I sure did start up the butt one. And I am indeed still continuing on my full body 30 day challenge (Day 5). Seems easy so far, just hoping doing two together won't get to be too much.





I again went to the gym today to get some cardio in. Because my thighs were burning I didn't want to over work them, so initially I was just going to walk at a steady pace on the treadmill for an hour until it cooled me down. Easier said then done. I'm walking on the treadmill for a little while then I have to pee, so I go to the bathroom. Which means I gotta start all over again, and I have no idea how long I've been on this thing because I forgot to start my timer when I first got on the thing. Danny moment. So then I started back up for a while deciding I'll just go for another hour until it cools me down because I wasn't on there for that terribly long. Yeah, okay. About 30 or so minutes in (I really have 0 idea because when I'm on the machines I hide the time) and my left hand is starting to tingle and such. I'm thinking probably because I got my hand in a dependent position and it's the one with my Fitbit on it, so I go about changing it from my left hand to the right. Well this is way easier said then done. It was so hard to be walking and trying to finagle this damn thing that I paused the treadmill to do it. I guess in doing that I took too long or something because it ended up resetting the time (which I didn't even know at the time). And I couldn't even tolerate having the Fitbit on my right hand, so I had to change it back within 3-5 minutes of having it on there. Anyway, once I have my Fitbit BACK on my left arm I'm walking and walking and I'm curious on how long I've walked for and the timer on the treadmill said 18 minutes. 18 MINUTES. And I know I was on there for more than that, so I just finished my 30, cooled down and left. I was done with that treadmill for one day. 


So there are a few of us at my job that have Fitbits and it's kinda nice because we encourage each other to keep going. Night shift is really hard on the body, so it's nice to have a group of friendly co-workers to lean on when things get tough. 

And as with the past few days, I have been keeping up with all of my Fitbit goals. Been drinking all my water, getting all my steps, walking the miles I want, burning the calories I need, and walking up enough flights of stairs. I didn't get as many steps as I would have liked to get in today, but I got them in none the less. 


Overall, today had a few hiccups, but I didn't give up. I kept at it, and I did the exercise I needed to. Will I feel it in the morning? Who knows. But I did it and that's the big step here. 






No comments:

Post a Comment